You can always trust in Chanel to bring an element of couture to trainers. With a range of styles from the archive on offer, this selection of pre-owned footwear showcases what the French fashion house does best: mixing high and low to create must-have pieces. Low-tops, high-tops and slip-on styles make up the collection of trainers where signature details such as tweed uppers, floral appliqués and novel textures take centre stage.
The Chanel Sneakers Buying Guide
You can always trust in Chanel to bring an element of couture to sneakers. With a range of styles from the archive on offer, this selection of pre-owned footwear showcases what the French fashion house does best: mixing high and low to create must-have pieces. Low-tops, high-tops and slip-on styles make up the collection of sneakers where signature details such as tweed uppers, floral appliqués and novel textures take center stage.
Most Wanted Chanel Sneakers
High Top Sneakers
Chanel’s High Top Sneakers shout back to the original retro high top style with bright multi colors, bold features like an ankle strap and padded ankle cuffs and roomy round toes. The high tops all feature Chanel’s distinctive logo embossed with exposed stitching on the sides, and a thick rubber sole providing cushioning.
Chanel’s Metallic Sneakers come in both full patent leather metallic or are mixed with other fabrics. These sneakers add a bold feature and eye catching colour pop to your outfit, whether it’s in the platform style or more traditional sporty sneaker design.
Chanel’s iconic tweed has been cleverly incorporated within their sneaker selection to give a little nod to the luxury brand’s roots. Chanel’s Tweed Sneakers inject some alternative texture and fun to your outfit, with the CC logo on the vamps.
The Chanel Sneakers Sizing Guide
As all Chanel sneakers are handcrafted, they can come up differently to your usual sizing. Typically, Chanel sneakers run between half and a full size smaller so when choosing your size, it can be worth going up a size.
This chart is based on UK sizing. If you are a UK women’s 5, it correlates to a US size 7.5 and a European size 40.
How to Care For Your Chanel Sneakers
Chanel Sneakers are crafted in the finest shoe-making tradition using semi-artisanal techniques - if properly looked after, they will last for many years. Follow these instructions to look after different fabrics and materials:
• For soft leather, kidskin and lambskin shoes should be regularly treated with a small amount of leather care shoe polish and gently shined with a cloth.
• Use colourless polish on two-tone shoes to prevent staining.
• Patent leather should be cleaned with a sponge wet with soapy water. Wipe dry with a soft, clean cloth.
• Suede should be gently brushed along the grain with a sponge or a special cloth for suede. Before brushing remove stains with fine-grain sandpaper.
• Dab damp shoes dry with an absorbent non-pilling cloth.
For general storage, follow these instructions:
• Do not store near a heat source and do not expose to direct sunlight.
• Before storing, place your shoes on a shoe tree and leave to air out before returning them to their original shoebox.
• Never store your shoes in a room that is damp or subject to extreme fluctuations in temperature.
- Are Chanel Sneakers worth the money?
Chanel is one of the world’s best known high-fashion luxury brands, given this reputation through its creativity and artisan techniques. Chanel sneakers mix the traditional with the unconventional making them timeless and effortless for a statement outfit.
The traditional hand-crafted method means these are made with the finest materials and built to last. Using the specific care instructions, Chanel sneakers are worth the investment as they’ll carry you for many years.
- How do I know they are authentic Chanel Sneakers?
All Chanel products have a unique style number, with most Chanel shoes having this printed on the interior. The style number will be foil stamped in the same color as the interior logo, which should read “Chanel,” along with the “Made In” stamp correlating to where the shoe was made.
- What are Chanel Sneakers made out of?
Chanel Sneakers are made from the finest materials and are often designed with a mix of fabrics. Chanel uses many natural materials such as lamb or kid skin, leather, suede and sometime even python or iguana. Some Chanel sneakers also feature their iconic tweed material. Before buying your sneakers, check the materials used in case of allergies or personal ethics.