Launched in Florence in 1921 by luggage maker Guccio Gucci, this legendary Italian fashion house is famed for its refined appeal, updated with a rock n'roll twist through the recent years. Current creative director Alessandro Michele adds a hint of the contemporary to the brand's sleek silhouettes. From sky-scraping stilettos to patent leather T-strap pumps and espadrille wedges, Gucci's sophisticated selection of women's heels boasts a range of colors and shapes to fit every woman's closet.
The Gucci Heels Buying Guide
Expect luxe sandals, elegant mules and timeless leather pumps in our collection of Gucci heels. Find impeccably crafted hallmark details such as signature horsebit hardware, interlocking GG plaques, and distinctive navy and red stripes. Block leather heels, pumps with feminine bows and fringed suede loafers have heritage appeal, while chunky platforms and studs add contemporary appeal. Our edit highlights tactile embellishments and signature maximalist details to provide you with vintage-inspired heels that you’ll want to wear to bring timeless sophistication to eveningwear and tailoring alike. Ahead, in our Gucci heels buying guide, we’ve compiled the most wanted styles to consider, alongside a sizing guide and some helpful tips to help you care and look after your heels.
The Most Wanted Gucci Heels
Gucci Marmont Heels
Gucci's Marmont heels are a signature style. Constructed from leather or suede, this style is presented in black, navy, metallic, red, white and brown and is crafted in Italy. They feature a fringed front panel accented with a gold-tone metal GG logo plaque and a block heel for day-to-evening ease. Style them with jeans, tailoring or dresses.
Gucci Zumi Heels
Gucci’s Zumi line exudes a certain sense of vintage charm. Crafted from leather, suede or featuring Gucci’s signature canvas motif, this range of heels showcases block and kitten heels, with round and point toe silhouettes. Look out for the house’s interlocking GG horsebit emblem framing the front in gold and silver-tone hardware. Keep the style in focus by wearing beneath midi hemlines.
Gucci Sylvie Heels
Gucci’s collection of Sylvie heels presents an array of sophisticated silhouettes. Choose from retro-inflected loafers or Mary Jane pumps, shaped with a round or pointed toe and a towering stiletto or block heel. Accented with an instantly recognisable Web stripe and buckle fastening, the design pays homage to the house’s equestrian beginnings.
The Gucci Heels Sizing Guide
Gucci heels fit true to size, so we would recommend taking your regular size when choosing a pair.
We’ve put together a sizing chart below so you can see how Gucci’s European sizing relates to other countries standard sizing.
For example, if you typically wear a women’s UK 6 or US 9, this correlates to a size 39 in Gucci heels.
|European size||US size||UK Size||Japanese size|
How To Care For Your Gucci Heels
Read on for some tips to help you prolong the life of your Gucci heels. This will ensure that they last for years to come and that they have a fresh and pristine appearance.
- Gucci Canvas Heels
Gucci creates many of its heels from canvas to showcase its signature GG motif and webstripe. The below tips are some step by step instructions to give you guidance when cleaning a fabric shoe.
1. Fill a bowl with warm water.
2. Dip a shoe brush into the bowl.
3. Put some cleaning solution such as washing up liquid on the brush.
4. Dip the brush back into the bowl.
5. Begin lightly dabbing the fabric on the shoe to clean them
6. Wipe off with a clean towel and leave to air dry away from sunlight.
- Gucci Leather Heels
1. Protect your Gucci heels from rain and spills by spraying them with a protective leather spray before you wear them.
2. Always ensure to moisturize the leather regularly to preserve the texture.
3. Keep your heels in shape by storing on shoe trees and in the shoe box they came in.
- Gucci Suede Heels
To protect and clean Gucci suede heels you will need a suede brush/nail brush, white vinegar, cloth, and an eraser/rubber.
1. Start by using the suede brush to remove any excess grit and dirt from the surface of the shoe.-
2. Next, use the brush to remove any marks, make sure you move the brush in the direction of the suede hairs.
3. If the stain is persistent apply a small amount of white vinegar to the cloth and work in a circular motion.
4. Finish by spraying your heels with a suede protector.
5. With all Gucci heels styles, always keep a check on the soles and take them to a cobbler to repair them, when the heels start to wear down.
- How do I tell if my Gucci heels are real?
We would always recommend buying your shoes from a reputable seller to ensure that they are genuine and checking the inside lining for a serial number. Authentic Gucci shoes will have an eight digit serial number hidden on the inside of the shoe, next to the shoe-size.
- Where are Gucci heels made?
Gucci shoes are made in Italy by local artisans. The inside of the heels are lined with leather and have a stamp with the words ‘Gucci’ and ‘Made in Italy’ inside.
- Are Gucci heels sustainable?
Recently, Gucci has unveiled ‘Gucci Equilibrium’ as it strengthens its sustainability. This latest initiative solidifies its position as a sustainable, responsible as well as highly-desirable luxury fashion house.