Experts in leather and mammoths of the monogram world, Louis Vuitton has been creating covetable fashion since 1854. The iconic French fashion house is proud of its Parisian heritage, and is best known for its signature monogram patterns including the famous Damier design. Creative Director Nicolas Ghesquière has been sure to ensure the brand's pride in its beginnings are carried through into their new collections, including footwear. Louis Vuitton flats come in a variety of styles including slippers, loafers and ballerina flats but all bare a nod to the brand's history, be that on a shoe buckle or sole.
The Louis Vuitton Flats Buying Guide
Renowned fashion house Louis Vuitton continues to bring its iconic brand heritage to everyday wear. With expert craftsmanship and supreme quality, Louis Vuitton sets the standard for fashion brands globally. The brand’s flat sandals come in a wide assortment. Slip-on styles, ballerinas, thong sandals, Louis Vuitton Monogram pool slides, espadrilles, toe ring sandals and more make up the selection that you can wear from the office to poolside. Ahead in our buying guide, we’ll help narrow down the best style for you, find your size, and give tips on how to preserve the newness of your Louis Vuitton footwear.
The Most Wanted Louis Vuitton Flats
Louis Vuitton Slip Ons
Lightweight slip-on loafers punctuate an outfit with sophistication. The Louis Vuitton signature Monogram can be found on denim canvas, monochrome colorways, and jewel embellishment adorned styles. Penny loafers, drivers, oxford, moccasins and espadrilles, slide your foot into this versatile Louis Vuitton favorite that can be worn for both casual and special occasions.
Louis Vuitton Ballet Flats
Feminine ballerina flats made the cut as a top Louis Vuitton flat style. Satin jewel tones with tailored bow, mini Monogram canvas, Louis Vuitton gold-tone hardware for the logomania fans, patent leather that pops, and more make a refined shoe assortment. For simple and subtle elegance, Louis Vuitton ballet flats are the shoe for you.
Louis Vuitton Sandals
Whether you’re sitting poolside or at cocktail hour overlooking the beach, Louis Vuitton sandals are a warm weather staple. Expert craftsmanship is put into the creation and design of these go-to shoes. Thong sandals with studded details, colorblock straps, toe ring styles, and eye-catching metal hardware can be found on leather, suede, and jelly materials.
The Louis Vuitton Flats Sizing Guide
Unsure of your size? Louis Vuitton flats run true to French size standards. You can use the chart below to find how this corresponds with US sizing and your foot length in inches.
To measure your foot, take a measuring tape and place it at the back of your heel. Stand with your feet flat, and measure to the end of your longest toe. For additional reference, see the chart below.
|Louis Vuitton SIZES (FRANCE)||USA SIZES||FOOT LENGTH|
How to Care for Your Louis Vuitton Flats
Louis Vuitton flats will be your new go-to pairs. Below, we’ve rounded up our best tips to make your shoes last:
- Keep your shoes out of water and away from oily substances that may damage your shoe’s materials, like cosmetics, perfume, makeup, suntan lotion, etc. If you get caught in inclement weather like rain or snow, we recommend wiping your shoes off as soon as you can. Let them dry completely before wearing again.
- For espadrilles, take a brush or a soft cloth and slightly dampen it with clean water. Gently rub away any dirt or dust build-up. Do this regularly to maintain your shoe’s newness.
- For suede styles, we recommend purchasing a suede water repellent spray and use on your shoes before you wear them for the first time. This will help minimize your chances of water damage. If you get a stain on your suede shoes, take a suede eraser and rub away the area.
- If you get mud on your suede shoes, let the mud dry. Once it is dry, take a stiff suede brush and remove. For touch ups, take the suede eraser to remove the excess dirt.
- To clean canvas fabricated flats, we recommend bringing your shoes to a professional shoe repair shop for special treatment and repairs. Never soak them in water or in a washing machine, as it could loosen up the materials and cause them to detach from its design structure.
- We suggest rotating your shoes every two days after consecutive wear. This allows the leather to air out and rest, lowering the risk of damage and keeping them from stretching out and becoming misshapen.
- When not in use, we recommend storing your footwear in the dust bags the shoes came with at purchase. Keep them in a dry, room temperature setting to prevent long term damage.
- Are Louis Vuitton flats offered in wide sizes?
Louis Vuitton footwear is available in regular width sizes, and does not cater to wide or narrow. We recommend calling an Louis Vuitton specialist for their sizing advice. They will assist and let you know which size to purchase based on your measurements.
- Does Louis Vuitton have shoe repair services?
Louis Vuitton offers repair services on an individual basis. Some are complimentary, while others may incur a charge. Repairs can be done in person at Louis Vuitton boutiques or sent in through the mail to its customer service team. Contact your local Louis Vuitton boutique for an assessment, and they’ll be happy to assist you.
- Where are Louis Vuitton flats made?
Louis Vuitton footwear is manufactured in both Italy and France. Sourcing the finest materials and using innovative design technology, Louis Vuitton flats are of the highest quality footwear. The brand’s ateliers put next-level manufacturing practices into creating each specific style, making them an investment worth making.