DKNY is an accessible, everyday line of Donna Karan's eponymous label, coveted by fashion-lovers worldwide since its founding in 1989. The label is known for its eclectic, fun and wearable fashion, capturing the energy and spirit of New York with its wide ranges of ready-to-wear and accessories for men, women and children. Look to the DKNY jackets collection for sharp, modern outerwear and precisely tailored blazers. Expect classic cuts, sumptuous fabrics and vibrant pops of colour, all underpinned by a refined, elegant aesthetic.
The DKNY Jackets Buying Guide
Famed for its wide-ranging, playful and wearable apparel, DKNY was launched in 1989 and epitomizes New York’s vitality and spirit perfectly. If you are seeking contemporary outerwear, look no further than the DKNY jackets collection. The silhouettes in Donna Karan’s eclectic range feature classic cuts, opulent textiles, standout colors, all finished with a distinguished, sophisticated aesthetic. Ahead, our DKNY jackets buying guide will help identify the right style to suit your tastes, find your size, and learn how to take care of your jacket.
The Most Wanted DKNY Jackets
DKNY Bomber Jackets
Available in quilted, faux shearling, leather, microfiber materials, the DKNY bomber jackets are ideal for adding to your casual collection this season. The quilted style comes in wind and water-resistant four-way stretch polyester and features the DKNY rubber patch logo on the left sleeve. The leather bomber sports an in-built bib for extra warmth against the harsh elements – looking good has never felt warmer!
DKNY Puffer Jackets
Offered here in a range of finishes including quilted, velvet and pearlized, DKNY’s range of puffers takes this jacket type to a whole new level. The high gloss pearlized puffer sports a graphic logo along the sleeve and is bound to become your favorite jacket yet.
Capturing the vibrant modernity of New York City, the DKNY blazer will ensure you step out in style, whatever the occasion. Expect flawlessly tailored slim and classic fit blazers and suit jackets in crisp cotton and sumptuous linen and wool, in a rainbow of colors and designs.
The DKNY Jackets Sizing Guide
DKNY jackets are available in sizes S-XL, and you can use thel DKNY jacket size chart below to see typical measurements of each size.
Please be aware that clothing sizes do vary, and larger sizes may be needed for certain styles. The chart shows men’s body measurements in inches.
|S||14 ½ - 15||33-34||36-37|
|M||15 ½ - 16||34-35||38-40|
How To Care For Your DKNY Jackets
How to wash your DKNY jacket really depends on what it’s made from. DKNY jackets are available in leather, nylon, polyester and melton wool fabric, but the majority come in nylon shells with polyester linings.
Nylon is the most commonly used material for jackets because it’s so durable and weather resistant. It safeguards you from moisture and chilly weather, but to upkeep the integrity of nylon, make sure you wash it correctly.
Most DKNY jackets come with care instructions, but you can follow the below basic guidelines to keep yours in great condition.
• Nylon and Polyester DKNY Jackets
- Make sure you wash your nylon jacket with similar fabrics and colors. Alternatively, wash the nylon jacket on its own.
- When using your washer, choose a gentle cycle and warm temperature setting – it shouldn’t be too hot or cold.
- Use a gentle, bleach-free detergent.
- Allow the wash cycle to complete.
- Once the machine stops, take out your nylon jacket and shake it out to straighten it.
- Place it on a hanger and leave to air dry.
• DKNY Leather Jackets
- For light marks (make-up, dust, dirt), use a light, soft sponge and some soapy water.
- Pay particular attention to collars and cuffs, as dirt often builds up around these areas.
- Wipe the soapy water on the dirty area, using soft motions. Avoid rubbing or soaking it.
- Don’t over-soak your leather jacket, as this can cause damage.
- As soon as light marks have been removed using water, wipe the area with a dry, clean cloth to absorb the water.
- If the above doesn’t work, leave to air dry – away from artificial heat.
- If your leather jacket is beginning to look a little lackluster, apply a small amount of leather upholstery spray, polish or wax using a soft cloth.
- What are DKNY jackets made of?
DKNY jackets were made to keep your warm when temperatures drop in true style. Their range of styles – such as the popular Quilted Pearlized Nylon Hooded Bomber Jacket – sports a nylon shell with a polyester lining. The Slim Fit Peacoat is made from 600+ grams of blended, durable, melton wool fabric and is designed to keep you warm all winter long.
- How do you wash a DKNY jacket?
If your DKNY jacket is made from polyester and nylon, it’s best to wash it with similar colors and fabrics – or even on its own. Use a delicate wash cycle and warm temperature setting. Use a mild detergent only, preferably one that’s bleach-free. For full cleaning instructions, please see our care guide above.
- Do DKNY jackets run big or small?
DKNY jackets tend to fit very closely to the size chart above, so for a good fit, please go by these measurements.