Head off into the wilderness well prepared with Columbia’s collection of men’s jackets. Find warm padded jackets with Columbia’s iconic reflective insulation – ideal for outdoor adventures, while snug layering is made easy with zip up fleeces and nylon windbreakers. The brand has been making fuss-free apparel for over 70 years and their Columbia jackets will guarantee you stay warm, no matter what.
The Columbia Jackets Buying Guide
For more than 70 years, the Oregon-based brand has been producing high-quality, durable sportswear attire for outdoor activities like skiing, hiking, mountaineering and snowboarding. One of the biggest outdoor labels out there, Columbia jackets enable anyone to enjoy the great outdoors in style and comfort. The brand utilizes technical fabrics and features that enhance each jacket’s comfort and performance. Many of the brand’s jackets are waterproof, breathable, fast-drying and feature moisture-wicking technology. For no-nonsense apparel to keep you warm, dry, cool and protected, look no further than Columbia. Ahead, our Columbia jackets buying guide will help identify the right style to suit your tastes, find your size, and learn how to take care of your jacket.
The Most Wanted Columbia Jackets
Columbia Pike Lake Jacket
Stay warm when you’re on the trail with Columbia’s Pike Lake jacket. This insulated jacket features thermal reflective lining for extra warmth and water-resistant fabric to protect you from the elements. Zipper pockets will keep your hands warm and valuables safe while an adjustable waist and cuffs mean you can stop any heat from escaping.
Columbia Steens Mountain Fleece
Whether worn on a mountain campsite or for a weekend beside the lake, the Columbia Steens Mountain fleece is a must-have outdoor staple to keep you cozy when temperatures drop. Featuring a finely tuned fit and soft-yet-rugged filament-fleece material, it’s sturdy and soft while the mock-neck collar helps safeguard you from chilly air. Other features include two zip-closed security pockets for ample storage and a full-length front zipper for controlled ventilation.
Columbia Powder Lite Jacket
The Columbia Powder Lite jacket is water-resistant and sports a thermal reflective lining and insulation for added warmth. Stash valuables in its interior security pocket and adjust the hood, hem and elastic cuffs to your liking to lock in the warmth. The iconic Columbia logo appears on the left on the chest with an additional Omni Heat logo printed on the left sleeve above the cuff.
The Columbia Jackets Sizing Guide
Available in sizes XS-XXL, use our general Columbia jacket size chart below to see typical measurements of each size.
But please note that some clothing sizes do vary, and bigger sizes may be needed for certain styles. The chart shows men’s body measurements in inches.
How To Care For Your Columbia Jackets
During your outdoor adventures, your jacket will get exposed to elements like mud, sand, water, gravel, grass, snow and salt which can damage your coat.
Get the most out of your Columbia jacket by following the below care instructions.
• Washing and Caring for Columbia Fleeces and Windbreakers
- Wash in cold water on the delicate hand wash cycle. Wash light and dark colored apparel separately to avoid color loss. Avoid washing lightweight clothing with your jacket to avoid friction and damage to lightweight fabrics.
- It’s best to use a gentle detergent and one that’s non-toxic and biodegradable. Avoid bleaching or adding fabric softener as the stronger chemicals can ruin the fleece over time.
- Leave your fleece jacket to air dry rather than using a dryer to reduce energy use and shrinkage.
- Don’t iron 100% poly fleece.
• Washing and Caring for Columbia Jackets with Down Insulation
- Prior to washing, ensure all zippers and flaps are closed. Wipe away any loose dirt then turn your jacket inside out.
- Wash in the front load washer in cold water on a gentle cycle.
- Use mild detergent or down specific detergent to maintain the feathers and extend the life of the jacket. Avoid adding bleach or fabric softener, as the strong chemicals can damage the materials over time.
- Dry on low to no heat over a few cycles. Avoid drying on a high heat, as this can ruin the feather or fabric.
- To return the fluffiness of the down, place a couple of clean tennis balls to the dryer. It’s best to check the jacket every 15 minutes to pull apart clumps.
- Avoid ironing, as the inner coating and seam may melt when in contact with high heat and damage your iron.
- What are Columbia jackets made of?
Columbia jackets were made to stand up to the elements. Their range of styles – such as the iconic Dr. Downpour – is made from Omni-Tech waterproof 100% nylon material. The Steens fleeces are made from 100% polyester MTR filament fleece while down jackets use 100% Responsible Down Standard certified natural down.
- How do you wash a Columbia jacket?
It’s best to wash your Columbia jacket in cold water on a delicate wash cycle. Use a mild detergent only, preferably one that’s non-toxic and biodegradable. For full cleaning instructions, please see above.
- Do Columbia jackets run big or small?
Columbia jackets tend to fit very closely to the size chart above, so for a good fit, please go by these measurements.