Proenza Schouler designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez are credited with re-invigorating American fashion. Their unique and interesting take on classic elegance allows the label to boast covetable collections which are as sophisticated as they are cutting edge. The highly respected label owes its global success to tireless attention to detail, a modern yet classic, design ethos and statement fabrics and finishes. Proenza Schouler boots are a step in the right direction when it comes to scoring sartorial points. Understated yet stunning, Proenza Schouler boots are beautiful year-round footwear staples that will have you towering above the rest in the style stakes.
The Proenza Schouler Boots Buying Guide
Starting out as a senior thesis project at Parson’s School of Design, designer duo Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez created their popular brand, Proenza Schouler. Over time, the New York-based womenswear brand evolved to be globally renowned for its lifestyle designs. Proenza Schouler boots stay true to form, offering a variety of sophisticated, modern styles like its lace-up hiker boots, lug-sole boots, and Italian-made leather tall boots. Ahead, take a look at our Proenza Schouler boots buying guide, which will help you decide which style is the best for you, find your size, and answer some of the most frequently asked questions.
The Most Wanted Proenza Schouler Boots
Proenza Schouler Lug Sole Boots
Cotton canvas upper with utilitarian features makes the lug sole boot a playful style for everyday casual wear. Its high top fit is tagged with PS branding, sitting on top of a thick, rubber tread sole. Silver-tone D-ring hooks are designed to hold the thick corded laces into place as you lace and tie up your boots.
Proenza Schouler Mirrored Facet Heel Ankle Boots
Smooth leather sets the stage for the mirrored facet heel ankle boots. Sleek, fitted feminine silhouette hugs the foot and comes to a sharp end with its pointed toe. Side zip closure makes it easy to slide on and off on a moment’s whim when you’re on the go. Italian made, Proenza Schouler’s signature mirrored facet heel makes the classic style pop.
Proenza Schouler Lace-Up Hiking Boots
This utilitarian lace-up hiking boot will withstand heavy duty terrain. The textured leather comes in a variety of colorways to suit your style. Equipped with durable hooks to loop the contrasting thick corded laces, these lace-ups will keep your feet in place and on solid ground with its chunky lug sole that stands at 1” for height. Padded ankle cushioning is added for supreme comfort.
The Proenza Schouler Boot Sizing Guide
Unsure of your size? Proenza Schouler boots use Italian (same as European) sizing standards. We recommend purchasing a half size larger than your normal shoe size, as the brand’s boots typically run a touch smaller.
You can use the chart below to see how the brand’s sizing correlates with US sizes. For example, if you usually wear a women’s US 7, you should take your Proenza Schouler boots in a size 37.
|US Size||Italian Size|
How to Care for Your Proenza Schouler Boots
1. Before wearing your leather or suede boots, we recommend spraying them with a quality water repellent to protect them from water damage.
2. Keep your boots away from oily and alcohol based substances like cosmetics, make-up, disinfectants or perfume.
3. Do not submerge your boots in water or washing machines, it will damage the boot materials.
4. For small spills or if you get caught in the rain, we recommend taking a dry cloth to soak up and remove the excess liquid as soon as you can.
5. For stains on canvas materials, take a soft cloth and spot clean the stained area with a mild soap. Let the shoes air dry completely before wearing again.
6. For a deeper stain removal or heel repairs, we recommend bringing your boots to a local, trusted shoe repair store for professional assistance.
7. When not in use, we recommend storing your footwear in dust bags. Keep them in a dry, room temperature setting to prevent damage.
8. Avoid extreme heat and prolonged exposure to humidity. Exposure over time can cause damage.
- How do I know if my Proenza Schouler is authentic?
To guarantee that your Proenza Schouler boots are authentic, we recommend making your purchase at an official Proenza Schouler store, its official ecommerce site, department store, and authorized brand dealers. If you purchase from a reseller, make sure that the company has a professional team that verifies items are authentic before buying.
- Does Proenza Schouler offer repair services for its boots?
Proenza Schouler’s team of artisans check each item individually for quality assurance before shipping to individuals and stores-- so boots should be in perfect manufactured condition upon purchase. If you find any issues, let the brand’s customer service team know within 14 days of purchase repairs. If there are any issues or repairs needed outside of this timeline, we recommend contacting the PS boutique you purchased from for product assessment. If they are able to repair your shoes, it may incur a fee, depending on the damage. PS cannot repair any of its boots that were not purchased through its own stores and website.
- Does Proenza Schouler offer a warranty?
Boots are not covered with a warranty at Proenza Schouler, only handbags and small leather goods are covered. We recommend contacting the PS customer service team if you need any assistance for after-sale inquiries.