Update your closet today with Patou. Shop all the latest designer dresses in our selection. Patou takes particular care in sourcing the finest materials for its range of dresses, so expect pieces made from silk. The label merges functional, comfortable qualities with its signature design aesthetic to create pieces that will work for a range of occasions. Providing an easy way to give your wardrobe an instant update, Patou's pieces can be worn occasion after occasion and will never feel dated. Once you’ve invested in a silk item, regular maintenance is a must. To extend the lifespan of your silk dresses, proper care and maintenance is necessary. We would always recommend checking the care label for instructions as some silk is dry clean only, and others are washable. Silk doesn’t always need to be dry cleaned, and most items can be safely hand washed instead. If you do decide to hand wash silk, use cool or lukewarm water, and add a small amount of detergent designed for delicate fabrics. Rinse away any soap, and remove any excess water without wringing or twisting. Leave to soak for a few minutes, rinse clean and press out any excess water. Do not use the tumble dryer, instead lay flat to air dry away from direct sunlight. If you must wash in the machine, select a gentle, cold-water cycle, place in a laundry bag for additional protection and promptly remove from the washer to reduce any wrinkles. Due to its delicate nature, careful storage of silk is a must. We recommend placing in a breathable cotton bag when folded, or hanging up in a zippered garment bag to keep it wrinkle-free. Discover our selection of designer dresses for women and shop new-season and sale pieces now.
The Patou Dresses Buying Guide
The Most Wanted Patou Dresses
Patou’s Feather DressesPerfect for parties, Patou's sleeveless dress is given a playful twist with fluffy ostrich feather detailing. Complement the fitted, mini silhouette at your next evening event with heeled sandals.
Patou’s Bib DressesPatou’s bib dress exudes modern femininity. Ideal for day or night, this cady mini dress has a contrasting lace bib front and Mother-of-pearl buttons down the front. In a classic monochrome hue, the long-sleeved design is finished with smocking at the top, elasticated cuffs and pockets at the sides.
Patou’s Butterfly Faille DressesPatou shows that the best way to stand out is with statement-making dresses like this voluminous design. Constructed from eco-conscious faille, this spaghetti-strap mini dress has a fitted ruched silhouette and sweetheart neckline. Keep the butterfly design at the front in focus with pared-back accessories.
- How To Care For Your Patou Dresses
- Patou creates its dresses with both quality and longevity in mind, and ensures keeping them looking good for years to come is easy with its straightforward care advice. We recommend checking the instructions on each item’s care label before attempting to clean. The label’s dresses will either be dry clean only, like its feather-detailed versions, or machine washable on a 30°C cycle. There are certain styles, such as its denim mini dress, that require the utmost care and should therefore be washed by hand.
- How eco-friendly are Patou dresses?
- In terms of sustainability, Patou uses organic, natural, recycled and recyclable materials for its dresses where possible. Instead of animal leather, the brand uses a fine, cruelty-free alternative. Patou’s garment production process and innovative packaging are also eco-friendly. Near-sourcing in factories helps to reduce the environmental footprint, while hangers, labels and hangtags are all made from 100% certified, environmentally friendly, recycled and recyclable materials. Each dress is placed in a reusable GOTS-certified organic cotton bag to reduce waste from plastic, and there is no unnecessary tissue paper or boxes within boxes.
- How do Patou dresses fit?
- From the Sailor wool dress to bow-detailed silk designs, Patou’s dresses generally run true to size. We advise taking your normal size.
- Are Patou dresses made in France?
- Patou designs its dresses in the brand’s Parisian studio, and they are then impeccably crafted in one of its partner workshops based in Europe and around the world. The workshop in Bulgaria works to limit waste during the manufacturing process and modernise its machines to be more sustainable, while the factory Patou works with in Romania has been audited by experts to ensure it has plenty of initiatives in place to reduce its environmental impact. Dresses are also made in Macedonia, Turkey and Poland. Each Patou dress will have a tag with a QR code. When it is scanned, you can find out plenty of information about where and how the garment was manufactured.